Top Insert Installation (0216EXBV) Adaptor:
When the Top Inserts are delivered in their secure packaging, it is very important that you follow the instructions below to successfully install
your studio/competition pole.
CRITICAL INFORMATION PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLING AND USING THE TOP INSERT.
To get the best from your TOP INSERT– with SAFETY being the utmost priority – it is extremely important that you READ & FOLLOW this
Instruction Manual from beginning to end and most importantly, understand it!
The Top Inserts for Vaulted Ball Mounts feature a threaded retaining washer and screw (M6 x 20). The purpose of the washer and the screw
is to ensure that the top insert is secured into the vaulted mount.
ATTENTION: WHEN USING ‘POLEAWAY’ IT IS MANDATORY TO SECURE THE TOP INSERT INTO THE VAULTED BALL MOUNT
USING THE RETAINING WASHER AND SCREW. THIS STOPS THE POLE FROM BEING REMOVED / DISENGAGED FROM THE
MOUNT WHEN IT IS LIFTED AND STORED HORIZONTALLY AGAINST THE CEILING.
THE WASHER AND SCREW ARE NOT REQUIRED IF THE POLE IS TO BE REMOVED FROM THE VAULTED MOUNT ON A REGULAR
BASIS*. IF THE RETAINING WASHER IS NOT USED THE POLE BASE (-0095) NEEDS TO USE THE BASE FLOOR PIN FOR SAFETY.
IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR POINT OF SALE OR X-POLE TECHNICAL SUPPORT.
1. Using a 4mm Hex Key, remove the (M6 x 20) locking screw as illustrated.
To undo the screw hold the main insert body using a glove or cloth and turn the Hex Key Anti/Counter-clockwise.
2. Once the screw has been completely removed, now remove the washer by turning anti/counter-clockwise. To make this process easy, use a 6mm Hex Key (not supplied). Insert the 6mm Hex Key into the top of the washer, as illustrated and again holding the body, turn anti/counter-clockwise.
3. The Top Insert is now ready for installation.
ATTENTION: TAKE THE MOUNT AND CHECK THAT THE BALL AND IT’S BEARING IS POSITIONED CORRECTLY. YOU CAN DO THIS BY CHECKING FOR A THIN CIRCULAR LINE ON THE BALL AS ILLUSTRATED BELOW. IF THE LINE IS NOT VISABLE, THEN ROTATE THE BALL 180°. YOU SHOULD NOW BE ABLE TO SEE THE CIRCULAR LINE. IT IS CRITICAL THAT THE BALL AND BEARINGS ARE INSTALLED THE CORRECT WAY UP WITH THE CIRCULAR LINE SHOWING TO ENSURE OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE OF THE POLE.
4. With the Ball Mount facing the floor and the mounting plate facing upwards, as illustrated, you will see a hole in the top of the plate. While holding the ball mount, take the top insert and slide this shaft into the bearing in the ball. When the Top Insert is fully engaged in the ball the thread in the top insert shaft can be seen through the hole in the mounting plate.
ATTENTION: SHOULD THE MOUNTING PLATE NOT HAVE THE HOLE THROUGH THE MIDDLE, YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE 8x SCREWS AND INSTALL THE TOP INSERT TO THE BALL MOUNT FIRST AND THEN RE-ATTACH IT TO THE MOUNTING PLATE.
5. Once the threaded shaft has been located through the hole, replace the washer and fasten clockwise. Tighten fully, using a 6mm Hex Key. Once the retaining washer is in place, install the screw on top of the washer and tighten clockwise using a 4mm Hex Key.
NOTE: WHEN INSTALLING THE VAULTED BALL MOUNT PLEASE ENSURE THE 'U' CUT OUT IS FACING IN THE CORRECT DIRECTION